Vomiting is harmless and having one does not always mean something serious. But at times, it can point to some serious illness or ailment. Someone suffering from motion sickness or car sickness often feel pukish or nauseated which is very common and it does not point to anything serious at all.
There are few conditions which are very serious and often cause vomiting or nausea. These are appendicitis, concussions, intestinal blockage, brain tumors, meningitis etc. In children, dehydration will cause vomiting which is a serious condition for them. Whatever be the cause, one must be aware of the condition and should take preventive measures to manage the situation. Carrying sick bags is always recommended for people who are prone to vomiting.
When do you need these bags?
• If you are suffering from motion sickness or sea sickness, you will definitely feel nauseated or pukish. Therefore go to shops which have barf bags for sale, buy them and keep them ready. You might use them when travelling or during a trip when you feel the symptoms of motion sickness dominating your senses.
• For women who are pregnant, especially during the early stages of the pregnancy, nausea and vomiting is common. During the first trimester of pregnancy, most women feel morning sickness which is followed by the feeling of nausea and vomiting.
• Someone who is undergoing chemotherapy or taking such medications which cause or induce such feelings, emesis bags are a must have.
• Some people might feel nauseated and pukish if they are suffering from intense pain.
• Anyone going through a lot of emotional stress or feeling extremely down and emotionally weak might need it.
• The gallbladder disease also causes vomiting and nausea. It is common symptom of the disease.
• Food poisoning often causes vomiting and loose stool. People suffering from food poisoning need the emesis bag badly.
• Similarly, stomach flu or stomach upset also causes vomiting.
• Overeating also results in the same. Eating food in excess or eating more than the regular amount might cause stomach upset will result in vomiting as the body will repel what is not needed or have been forced into.
• Some people have very strong reaction to certain smell or odor. They might feel pukish when they come across bad odor or a strong smell which might trigger them into feeling nauseated.
You must seek medical help immediately when you see blood in your vomit. If you feel your neck is becoming stiff or you have a headache after you vomit, you should consult your doctor or seek medical help. After vomiting, if you feel confused, lethargic or see your sense of alertness becoming weak, seek help. Rapid pulse or breathing, abdominal pain and diarrhea are also symptoms when you should seek medical help immediately.